A Place to Talk About War

I would like to hear from soldiers who have been in combat situations, from their families, or from others interested in this conversation. I am a graduate student interested in war rhetoric. I have no preset agenda: I simply want to listen, to learn, and to be supportive.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Married, two kids. Worked in the defense industry for 20 years before taking a different path. I'll be starting my dissertation on the rhetoric of war in a few months. This semester I am teaching Freshman Composition. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOGGERS' SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, OR ANY OTHER GRAMMAR MATTERS--I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hostages Found Alive!

If you've been following the case of the American soldier and others who were recently kidnapped in Iraq, then this news should definitely please you.

In case you've been away from the news for a few days, "'Our mujahedeen have managed to capture the American soldier, John Adam, after killing a number of his colleagues,'" said a Zarqawi-linked group called the Mujahedeen Squadrons on the terrorist group Ansar al-Islam's Web site" (thanks to http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/39295.htm). But we are happy to report that not only is John Adam, aka "Cody," no longer in danger, but his colleagues who were supposedly killed are safe, as well.

As firm proof, I have posted a picture of the multi-national, multi-ethnic group, now safe at an undisclosed location.