A Place to Talk About War

I would like to hear from soldiers who have been in combat situations, from their families, or from others interested in this conversation. I am a graduate student interested in war rhetoric. I have no preset agenda: I simply want to listen, to learn, and to be supportive.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Married, two kids. Worked in the defense industry for 20 years before taking a different path. I'll be starting my dissertation on the rhetoric of war in a few months. This semester I am teaching Freshman Composition. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOGGERS' SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, OR ANY OTHER GRAMMAR MATTERS--I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Don't know nothing about spelling

A personal word from me today--some of my friends said that perhaps I should not have identified myself as an English student or professor-in-training, because some bloggers would not want to post, thinking that I would notice spelling, punctuation, and all those other things that every scary English teacher ever pounced on you about.

So, here's my stance: I don't care in the slightest if you can't spell at all, if you can spell but choose not to, if you type in all lower case, if you commit every grammatical sin that you can think of. Those things are not important to me; your opinions are.