A Place to Talk About War

I would like to hear from soldiers who have been in combat situations, from their families, or from others interested in this conversation. I am a graduate student interested in war rhetoric. I have no preset agenda: I simply want to listen, to learn, and to be supportive.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Married, two kids. Worked in the defense industry for 20 years before taking a different path. I'll be starting my dissertation on the rhetoric of war in a few months. This semester I am teaching Freshman Composition. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOGGERS' SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, OR ANY OTHER GRAMMAR MATTERS--I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Two Muslim views of the "cartoon wars"

It would be worth your while to click on the links below and read two Muslim opinions on the cartoon issue. Read them both to get the balance.

This one, headlined Muslims should act wisely to punish media bias, is by Ray Hanania, an "award-winning Palestianian-American journalist."

This one, headlined Boycott? Why? Cartoons are the least of our problems, is by Mona Eltahawy, "Egyptian commentator based in New York." Her column was initially published in English and Arabic in Lebanese and Egyptian newspapers.