A Place to Talk About War

I would like to hear from soldiers who have been in combat situations, from their families, or from others interested in this conversation. I am a graduate student interested in war rhetoric. I have no preset agenda: I simply want to listen, to learn, and to be supportive.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Married, two kids. Worked in the defense industry for 20 years before taking a different path. I'll be starting my dissertation on the rhetoric of war in a few months. This semester I am teaching Freshman Composition. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOGGERS' SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, OR ANY OTHER GRAMMAR MATTERS--I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, January 03, 2005

No more phone cards for a while!

I read today that military hospitals in the Washington D.C. area have been so inundated with phone cards for wounded soldiers that they've run out of room to put them! This is good news, of course, that people are responding so generously. But in the spirit of giving wisely, it's time to take a break from phone cards and donate money to organizations that help wounded vets and their families. I'm sure the press will let us know when phone cards are needed again.

Good work, America.