A Place to Talk About War

I would like to hear from soldiers who have been in combat situations, from their families, or from others interested in this conversation. I am a graduate student interested in war rhetoric. I have no preset agenda: I simply want to listen, to learn, and to be supportive.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Married, two kids. Worked in the defense industry for 20 years before taking a different path. I'll be starting my dissertation on the rhetoric of war in a few months. This semester I am teaching Freshman Composition. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOGGERS' SPELLING, PUNCTUATION, OR ANY OTHER GRAMMAR MATTERS--I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, April 01, 2005

And the war continues . . .

News the last few weeks has been dominated by the tragic Terri Schiavo case.

As an update on what's been happening in Iraq, 36 U.S. soldiers were killed in Iraq in March. One of these was Spc. Eric L. Toth, of Edmondton, KY. He died March 30 on a supply route when an improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV. Toth was assigned to the Army National Guard's 1st Battalion, 623rd field Artillery Regiment, Tompkinsville, KY. (http://icasualties.org/oif/)

Spc. Toth was 21. I am sure that his loved ones will miss him greatly and that the country at large will mourn his death, as it will the other 1,533 American men and women who have died since the war started.